Saturday, January 28, 2012

Converting to Freeship....problems

Imported the lines from Hulls into Freeship. I allowed internal stations to be imported so now there are 10 stations.


I pull up the linesplan, which shows all the plan, profile there are at least two obvious problems.
1) The stem is misshaped. There's too much of a bulb at the lower chine.
2) The bottom plan view (looking down) is odd and hump where Hulls station 4 used to be instead of a smooth transition from bow to stern.

To confirm what I'm seeing isn't an optical illusion from the lines, I select the edges and curvature change (purple in Freeship). . To confirm that, I choice perspective view, and select all the chines. Now I can see the double hump in curvature and slack curvature near the bottom mid-frame; not only that but all the chines show a similar slack.  This is probably a problem of how it imported from the 5 station shape and interpolated it into the 10 stations of Freeship. I've got work to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment